Bloomfield Police Department
To create a safe and secure environment in which to live, work, and visit by working together with the community, enforcing the law in a fair and impartial manner, preserving the peace and order in our neighborhoods, and safeguarding our constitutional guarantees.
The Bloomfield Police Department is a value-driven agency which demonstrates its core values through professional dedication, conduct, and service. Our core values serve as guiding principles and our successes with not be achieved by merely proclaiming our values, but by consistently modeling them. The following establish the standards of Professional Ethics and personal integrity for all members of the Bloomfield Police Department.
- Act with Integrity - We believe that acting honorably is the foundation of everything we do and the basis of public trust. We earn credibility by doing the right thing, being open and honest, and actively living our core values. Demonstration of this value includes actively modeling our core values and being truthful with unmitigated honesty. We will maintain and foster a professional decorum in communications and behavior while acting in the official capacity of a Bloomfield Police Department member.
- Respect for Our Employees and Citizens - We are guided by the principle that every individual has dignity and worth. We are committed to show respect and compassion for the citizens we serve as well as for the men and women of our department. We show consideration for all individuals by treating everyone fairly, listening and seeking to understand all viewpoints and appreciating diversity.
- Service to Our Community - We are dedicated to the ideal of providing the highest quality of professional law enforcement service to our community. We strive to be a proactive, trusted, partner with our community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life for our citizens.
- Accountability for our Actions and Results - We hold ourselves accountable to the highest ideals of professionalism, ethics, and competency at every level of the department. We take responsibility for our performance, our actions and are willing to admit our mistakes. Every member of the department is a leader and although responsibilities vary, accountability remains constant. The principles of leadership and the value to accountability are inseparable. As leaders, we are accountable for our own actions, those of our subordinates and to the citizens we serve.
- Team for the Common Good - We understand the strength of cooperation and collaboration, and that our success depends on our ability to perform together as one cohesive team. We are dedicated to creating a positive environment which fosters camaraderie for the common good.
- Innovate to Better Serve - We encourage new ideas that support the fulfillment of our mission. We value input that challenges our current ways of doing business in order to better deliver our services. Through continuous improvement and innovation, we strive for personal, professional and organizational excellence. In the on-going pursuit of high performance, we encourage, support, and recognize reasoned professional innovation as a means of accomplishing the vision of our department. We value reasoned risk-taking when balanced with responsible resource management. We value the principle of change as it challenges the status quo and seeks to constantly seeks to improve departmental operations.
- Reverence for law - We demonstrate reverence for the law by personally modeling law abiding behavior. We are empowered in the judicious application of authority by using discretion in the best interest of the individual and the community at large. We will honorably perform our duties and exercise prudence in the use of our authority and power.
The vision of the Bloomfield Police Department is a community where all can live safely and without fear; protected by a police department with the highest ethical and professional standards.